Best of Two Worlds: Transitional Area RugsWhen your room design is neither traditional nor contemporary, how do you choose the right area rug? Maybe you have two distinct rooms to connect, with a rug that does not clash. Transitional rugs work with traditional or contemporary design equally. The design elements can contain graphic, floral, border or blended hues of color that complement your décor. Here are some ideas for introducing the perfect rug into your design scheme.
Create a Pathway
When you travel from one space to another, a transitional path will create interest and a degree of consistency in design flow. If one room, such as the great room, has a large area rug with bright, warm colors and the dining area has a muted tone with a small print, use a transitional rug that picks up the color of both rooms. This way, the transition from room to room will be smooth.
Define a Seating AreaIn rooms with multiple seating areas, a transitional rug will aid in defining a separate space. A border rug with a simple center design helps to identify where the chairs or small sofa should be with a coffee or occasional table in the center. If the room is small with a mixed collection of furniture, the border rug will pull everything together. The colors in the rug provide inspiration for choosing accessories.
Use Color contrasts
A dark transitional rug with a lighter design or pattern carries the eye on a path from dark to light. You can use a dark design in a hallway or foyer to lead up to a brighter lighter space. When a dark background area rug is placed in a room with elegant antiques or open, contemporary furnishings, the rug will not compete with the room’s composition.
Introduce Rich Color for Drama
Solid colors in a transitional rug make sense when the rest of the environment is filled with artwork or a scenic view. Dark hues of rich colors are very dramatic, yet non-competing when you wish to emphasize a spectacular painting, a fireplace or a view of the mountains. Deep reds make an impressive space even more striking. A deep red area rug will also give a room with simple lines and neutral colors a sense of depth.
Transitional style emphasizes straight lines in concert with curves to create ambience in any space. Old world, Contemporary, Traditional and Modern styles differ appreciably in the use of color, shapes and detail. A transitional rug fits in any design. With the massive array of designs at Alyshaan Rugs of Arizona, you cannot miss when you need the best fit for your design plan. In situations where you want to fit a rug into an already existing space, the transitional rug is the answer for getting the best of both design styles in the world of rugs.
Check Out All the Custom Rug Options You Have to Choose From!You are in search of the perfect area rug for your new home’s great room. You know what you want, but you have not found anything that catches your attention. You have looked at so many places in town, online and in designer catalogs, that you are overwhelmed. Alyshaan Fine Rugs is where you can get exactly what you want, with their thoughtful, simple, quality and distinct custom rug program.
Benefits of custom rug designed with Alyshaan Fine Rugs
- You are the designer or you may adapt a pre-programmed design
- You control colors, size, pile height, carving and materials
- You can download the digital design software and enjoy trying different looks
- The custom design rugs at Alyshaan Rugs cost no more than the rugs in stock
- The rug is made under the auspices of Alyshaan design staff, who keep you informed through the entire process
Here are examples from the Alyshaan Custom Rug Program.
The original of this rug was one the customer liked because it had the soft blues, terracotta and sand colors of the southwestern landscape. The stripe and geometric design pattern also appealed to their style. After the digital rendering, the rug was made to order on looms by our direct personnel. We do not send our designs out for contract rug makers. In fact, you may want to adapt this particular design to your wishes.
Reverse the Colors
The original rug model had reverse colors. That is, the center background was deep magenta and the design was beige. The border was the opposite. The fantastic graphic designers on staff at Alyshaan Rugs were able to recreate this masterpiece to fit exactly what the customer wanted. The completed design is placed in the dining area. You can choose an existing design to adapt, with the help of Alyshaan graphic designers. There is no additional charge for these services.
Variation on an Oriental Rug Theme
The client’s friend had an imported oriental rug with more ornate design in the center. She wanted to emulate the friend’s design, but make it simpler. With the aid of several photos at different angles, the graphic designers at Alyshaan worked with the client to get exactly the same thickness, color detail and border design as the original. The client now has an original of her own.
The possibilities are practically endless when you design a custom rug. You can expect step-by-step progress reports and photographs from the Alyshaan staff. You will not be charged a premium for the personal service. Ultimately, you will have an original work of art that you designed specifically for your custom space. Since the custom program by Alyshaan Rugs does not require you to be in
- A Study in Blue Area Rugs
- Can Only Modern Homes Pull Off Contemporary Rugs?
- Decor Options for Homes with Traditional Area Rugs
- Why Wool Area Rugs Are Best for Kitchens and Bathrooms
- One Large Area Rug or Several Small Ones?
- What Country Makes the Best Area Rugs?
- What You Need to Know About Rug Pads
- Are Handmade Rugs More Expensive than Machine-Made Rugs?
- How to Tell Pile Rugs and Flat Weave Rugs Apart
- 4 Area Rug Myths Busted
- Are They Called Rugs or Carpets?
- Alyshaan Named Best of Houzz 2014 for Customer Satisfaction
- Why We Support Smile Train
- Quite the Variety in a Single Size -- Area Rugs 6x9
- More About Alyshaan's Guarantee to Our Customers
- Beautiful Selections from the Mesa Collection of Area Rugs
- Where Could You Fit an Oversized Rug in Your Home?
- An Appreciation for Runners -- A Few of Our Favorite Runner Area Rugs
- How to Search Our Online Area Rug Catalog from Your Computer, Tablet, or Phone
- We Love to Make Customers Happy -- Testimonials from Real Rug Owners
10 Most Popular Blogs
- The Ultimate Guide To Different Types Of Rugs
- Sotheby’s $33 Million Dollar Rug: The Most Expensive Rug Ever Sold
- Bamboo Silk Making Waves in Area Rug Industry
- Looking For Traditional or Contemporary Round Area Rugs?
- Handmade Area Rugs From Pakistan or “Pakistani Rugs”
- How To Choose The Right Size Rugs For Different Rooms
- 3 Important Points When Choosing Rugs For The Same Room
- Choosing The Right Size Handmade Area Rugs For Your Bedrooms
- What are the Different Types of Handmade Area Rugs?
- 6 Things You Must Know When Ordering Custom Rugs