Custom Rugs at Alyshaan: An Introduction
At Alyshaan, we believe in the inherent creativity in each one of us and have great desire to bring your design aesthetic to life using our custom rug design process.
No longer do you need to restrict yourself in shape, size, color or material when choosing a fine area rug. Your home is your personal design abode, so why should your rugs be any different!
The custom rugs provide an affordable and durable solution, with limitless options. Select from a range of designs, whether traditional or contemporary to match your specific needs and style. Rug designs can be inspired from anything – whether a fabric you are using in a room, existing floorcoverings, or even your favorite drawing!
To create your own custom rugs, you simply open the Alyshaan rug design software and create the rug of your dreams. Once you have finished designing your rug and confirmed the order, we send your requirements to our weavers. We also allow the option of a ‘strike-off’, which is a 1.5 feet piece of the custom rug. This is just another way of Alyshaan trying to serve you better! We want to make sure you love every inch of your new rug, so you have the freedom to see the design, materials and colors in a live sample in case of any changes. Only after you have approved the strike-off, will the skilled craftsmen weave their magic bringing your design to life with a full size rug!
To learn more about custom rugs, keep following our blog for the next post in the ‘Create Your Own Art – Alyshaan Custom Rugs’ blog series!
5 Tips on Redecorating Your Living Room Space
Have a living room you want to decorate? Here are 5 handy tips for you from us!
1. First and most important:
Enjoy the experience! It may seem daunting at times but we advise you to let yourself get excited about the prospect of decorating (or redecorating).
2. Remember the purpose the room will serve:
Living rooms can serve as a place of entertainment and for conversation with guests, so think of the kind of mood you want the room to convey. Also, ask yourself questions like how much and how often you entertain as well as the kind of events you would like to host there.
3. What ‘feel’ do you want the room to have:
If you have a certain kind of feeling you want the room to have, such as a rich, opulent look, then start with an exotic rug for instance that could not only bring a unique look but also be a source of conversation at parties and gatherings.
4. Use your inspiration:
Build the rest of the décor around your inspiration piece, for example if you have a cherished rug, or painting you love -- use that as the focal point and select complementing textures, colors and furniture for the rest of the room.
5. Select the right colors:
If you prefer monochromes, then select muted furniture pieces, but enhance them with accent colors in a brighter tone and use a variety of textures to add interest.
If you like, you can always add a burst of color through a specific piece, like this colorful ‘Hand Knotted Ikat Rug’ offered by Alyshaan Fine Rugs.
The abstract design not only incorporates bright pops of color, it also allows the decorator to choose any color to use for accent cushions. Notice the muted silver/grey tones of the sofa fabric, which balances the overall look.
Find more inspiration for decorating your home by viewing our selection of rugs online (http://www.alyshaan.com/rugs/) or visit us at one of our two showrooms in Arizona.
- 5 Cleaning Tips to Help You Survive The Holiday Stains Nightmare!
- 4 Rules For Choosing the Right Size Rug
- 3 Tips for Choosing the Right Color Rug
- What Happens to All That Wool?
- 4 Things to Do (and 3 Things Not to Do) When There's a Spill on Your Rug
- How Sari Silks Assist Women in India and Nepal
- The Value of Cleaning Rugs
- 4 Tips for Selling Antique Area Rugs
- How Fine Area Rugs Can Be Repaired
- Fine Handmade Rugs From a Dog's Perspective
- Try these tips to match your current furniture with the rugs you fell in love with
- Decorating Your Home? Visit Houzz.com for instant ideas and assistance.
- 5 Tips for Hanging Antique Fine Rugs as artwork
- Different types of handmade rugs
- Rug Materials to Stay Away From
- Alyshaan Rugs Expanding -- New Sedona Location Opening in June!
- Rules of Thumb for Placing Fine Rugs on Carpets
- Flatweave Rugs and Furniture Will Soon Be Available in Our 2nd Location!
- What area rugs are the most stain resistant?
- Tribal Rugs for Mesa Homes
10 Most Popular Blogs
- The Ultimate Guide To Different Types Of Rugs
- Bamboo Silk Making Waves in Area Rug Industry
- Sotheby’s $33 Million Dollar Rug: The Most Expensive Rug Ever Sold
- Do All the Large Area Rugs In Your Home Need to Match?
- Looking For Traditional or Contemporary Round Area Rugs?
- How To Choose The Right Size Rugs For Different Rooms
- Choosing The Right Size Handmade Area Rugs For Your Bedrooms
- 3 Important Points When Choosing Rugs For The Same Room
- Handmade Area Rugs From Pakistan or “Pakistani Rugs”
- How to choose the right size handmade area rugs for your Dining & Breakfast rooms